In 7 Card Stud two down cards and one face up card dealt to each player. Once each player has their cards there is an initial round of betting. Once the first round of betting is concluded each player is dealt one card face up and another round of betting occurs.
This is repeated two more times for a total of four face up cards each with a round of betting. A final card is dealt face down followed by the last round of betting. During fixed limit games the first two rounds of betting are for the lower limit amount. All additional betting rounds are for the higher limit amount.
The player who assembles the best 5 card hand wins the pot. In the event two or more players assemble the same valued hand the pot is divided equally amongst the winners.
7 Card Stud Game Play Review
- Players must place an ante into the pot to start the round.
- Each player is dealt two down cards and one face up card.
- 1st round of betting.
- One face up card is dealt.
- 2nd round of betting.
- Another face up card is dealt.
- 3rd round of betting.
- Third face up card is dealt.
- 4th round of betting.
- The last (river) card is dealt face down.
- Last round of betting.
Remaining players have a showdown and must make their best 5 card poker hand from any of their 7 cards.
- The first betting round is initiated by the player with the lowest ranking up card. Since this is a forced bet, the player must open for the minimum and cannot fold at this time.
- If your first or second hole card is accidentally flipped up by the dealer it will become your face up card and the third card will be dealt face down to replace it.
- If you are not present to act when it is your forced bet or ante, your hand will be taken and your bet or ante will be forfeited.
- In the instance that more than 7 cards are dealt to a player, that hand is deemed dead.
- The dealer must announce the low card before the first round of betting.